Managers of Business Technology
Facilitating SMB growth by bringing together IT resources that drive productivity
Improving Business through Technology
Does your organziation look at Information Technology as a cost-centre or as a way to improve business? If the former, invite us to change your mind. We have the view that the proper business technology, when properly configured, makes it easier to conduct business rather than hinder it. The advantage yield experienced with high-performing technology, excellent management and support services should outweigh the cost of downtime and other technological inefficiencies. Are we saying 1CS can for sure improve your business with technology, no, but we might.
One Single IT Resource
We aim to provide nearly all information technology that a small or medium sized office would need to operate at maximum capacity. So that the SMBs we are partned with have one central source for everything that is IT related.
Your Own IT Department
Partnering with 1CS gets your business the benefit of an IT department for a fraction of the price. This is the experience we intend on providing to those we are partnered with. The understanding that our team is your team.
An IT Partner
Not a legal partnerhsip but a relationship where 1CS has a vested interest in seeing your company succeed. Let’s align our interests and work together to achieve the same objective. Let us do what we do, so you can do what you do.
Partner with 1CS for Ongoing IT Management
Proudly serving the GTA since 2013, we’ve built our reputation on providing suitable Managed IT Solutions for small and medium sized organizations at a reasonable cost. Clients to whom we are partnered with are at the forefront of our thinking and we are committed to delivering a technology experience that empowers your business.
John has a background in business administration and graduated from York University with a business degree. Since it’s inception in 2013, John has been a principal of 1CS.
Blake has made his career in the IT industry for over 20 years. Working for companies such as IBM, Rogers, CBL. Since it’s inception in 2013, Blake has been a principal of 1CS.
About Us – More Specifically
1CS is a Managed IT Service Provider (MSP) or more simply put an IT Partner to small and medium sized companies across the GTA and southern Ontario, functioning as the “IT Department” for close to 50 SMBs mostly concentrated in Toronto, Vaughan and Barrie.
As an IT Partner, we commonly:
- Onboard and Offboard staff from an IT perspective by creating, transferring or terminating user accounts, setting up or resetting user devices and backing up user data.
- Supply and administer user account subscriptions such as Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace, VoIP phone service, backups, anti-virus, spam filters, remote access, security training, security tools and more.
- Backup data including Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace user accounts, SharePoint and Google Drive, workstations and servers.
- Proactively maintain servers and workstations with the latest updates and security patches while monitoring the device for indicators of present/future issues and poor performance.
- Provide a help desk to receive, address, resolve both infrastructure and user related issues and inquiries, via remote control or in person. Dealing directly with third-party software application vendors.
- Place orders for hardware, software, materials and third-party services, acting as supplier of record or general contractor between our clients and our various suppliers.
- Plan, quote and execute IT related projects such as installing or upgrading a network or server, cabling, email migration/other data migration and the installation/setup of new services.
- Consult on (1) ways that information technology can improve existing business processes and workflow, (2) ways information technology can be used to maintain a greater degree of security.
- Act as virtual chief information officer, providing advice and direction to navigate through complex technological challenges.
- Include the necessary user account subscriptions in a package along with unlimited remote user support for one low-fixed monthly price per user.
1CS has a strong following of clients within the construction industry including developers, builders, suppliers, brokers, property managers and related trades. Additionally, servicing the manufacturing, education/training and technology sectors. Often with a user count in the range of 25 to 75, however we do partner with companies having a user count being above and below this range.
We eliminate the need to hire dedicated IT staff saving our clients’ money and valuable time. And, unlike other IT solution companies, we go the extra mile and tailor our solutions to best suit our client’s needs. We pride ourselves on the relationships we’ve built over the years, so many of our clients stay with us because of our excellent customer service, our integrity and authenticity.
Our offering is designed and priced to bring value to SMBs by decreasing downtime, avoiding issues and safeguarding information. For more information on how 1CS uses technology to improve business operations, contact us.