Freelance IT Consultant
Are you a freelance IT Consultant or Computer Technician looking to increase your service hours?
Our company is looking for someone who has as much passion for Technology as we do. We are looking for a self-employed individual to perform basic computer services to our group of small business and residential clients, requiring travel to and from job sites, remote support and teamwork.
Rate of pay is between $30 and $40 per hour of service depending on experience
The details of the position are as follows:
- You are self-employed within the field of computer services/IT
- Be on call to provide same day and next day service level
- Commit to a minimum of 5 to 10 hours of service per week
- Have a car and are willing to travel across Toronto
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience within computer services
- Punctuality, manners, common sense and dressed professionally
Within the last 2 years you have experience with:
- Email systems and clients (IMAP, Exchange, Outlook, iMail)
- Various productivity applications (Office365, GSuite)
- Windows systems from XP through Windows10
- Home or Business networks (ie. Internet, routers, wireless, printing)
- Troubleshooting personal computers
- Troubleshoot common computer issues relating to Email, MS Office/Office365, Windows and Networks
- Perform maintenance relating to Email, MS Office/Office365, Windows and Networks
- Address miscellaneous IT issues at a home or business and be willing to learn
- Document issues and resolutions for tracking and technical knowledge base
- Work within a given deadline and in emergency situations
- Report to and work with project manager
Not required but considered and Asset:
- Knowledge or experience of MAC systems and applications (Mail, iCal, Safari)
- Knowledge or experience with portable and mobile devices (Apple, Android)
- Knowledge or experience in providing computer services to small businesses
- A+, Network+, Security+ certifications (Break/fix systems and networks)
The successful applicant will know their way around a personal computer and be compensated based on their experience. Those who do well over time will be considered for increased service hours and other opportunities within our business.
Positions are based on availability. Compensation is ultimately at the discretion of 1CS. The qualified candidate will be interviewed. Contract based on 1CS standard form of sub-contractor contract.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org along with where and when to contact you.