Are you a self-employed IT Consultant?
Are you a freelance IT Consultant or Computer Technician looking to increase your service hours?
Our company is looking for someone who has as much passion for Technology as we do. A self-employed individual to provide IT support to our group of SMB clients, requiring travel to and from job sites, remote support and teamwork.
Rate of pay is between $35 and $50 per hour of service depending on experience
The details of the position are as follows:
- Self-employed IT Consultant
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in an IT support/consulting role
- Strong command of the English language, both oral and written
- Positive attitude, comfortable dealing with unhappy customers
- Be on call to provide same day and next day service level
- Have a car and are willing to travel across Toronto
Have Strong Working Knowledge of:
- Microsoft 365 including Sharepoint
- Personal computers running Windows XP through Windows 10
- Networking and network hardware (ie. Internet, routers, wireless)
- Servers, server hardware/software (on-premises and/or cloud servers)
Familiarity with MSP tools such as a:
- Remote monitoring and management platform (RMM)
- Managed anti-virus platform
- Managed backup platform
- Managed security platform
- Managed VoIP platform
Special attention given to those with experience using:
- N-able MSP tools
- Datto SaaS & BCDR
- Ubiquiti equipment
- IT Glue/My Glue
- Zoho Apps
Not required but considered an Asset:
- Any Certifications
- Knowledge or experience of MAC systems and applications (Mail, iCal, Safari)
- Knowledge or experience with portable and mobile device (Apple, Android)
- Knowledge or experience A+, Network+, Security+ (Break/fix systems and networks)
- Knowledge or experience in providing IT support to small businesses
The successful applicant will know their way around business technology and be compensated based on their experience. Those who do well over time will be considered for increased service hours and other opportunities.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.